FAST 2011

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Solid Life Church Daily Blog by Jessica Farias

Day 10!  

Don't give up!  We're almost there.  We're turning the corner for the home stretch!

Blogging is new to me.  The original blog I wrote was way too long!  But God has been doing so much in my life and mind during this fast – I just want to share it all!  So, I’ve condensed – here goes …

In this emptying state during this fast, I'm realizing that God enjoys being my Abba Father.  He enjoys when I come to Him as His daughter -- not just in my "wants and needs".  Might seem like “duh” to you, but so many times I don’t take the time to just stop and get refreshed.

I was cleaning the house and was singing a song (from the 80's!).  I haven't sung this particular song or even thought of it in a long time!  I noticed I had tears streaming down my face, and I had to just sit and worship and pray.  Here are a portion of the lyrics:
I just want to be where you are
Dwelling daily in Your presence
I don't want to worship from afar
Draw me near to where you are.

So many times I ask or tell God to come meet me in my place of need.  I tell Him what to do.  During this fast I have felt that my Heavenly Father is telling me to desire Him as much as He desires me.  He wants me to physically take the steps to draw closer to Him.  At His feet, I can rest and find refreshment.  I don’t have to be anything but the daughter of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords – the girl, the women, the daughter, the sister, the wife, the friend who He created me to be.

I remember when I was a little girl.  I would come and sit at my mom’s feet.  Without fail, she would start to play with my hair or scratch my back.  It was wonderful.  That’s what I’m feeling – God wants to play with my hair and scratch my back.  He wants to refresh me with His presence.  I won’t get that refreshment unless I’m sitting at His feet.  God knows my needs – He knows my requests.  He’ll never cease to meet my needs and bless my life.  But right now my blessing will come from just sitting with my Father and letting Him speak into me without my mouth speaking.

So … I gotta’ go and get my back scratched right now – See Ya!

jess

P.S. Tonight – 6:30pm – my house – 20/20/20 – Love to have you join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment