FAST 2011

Friday, January 14, 2011

Solid Life Church Daily Blog by Becky Stutzman

Day 6!

Wow, I can’t believe it is already Friday, and so far no one has died who call Solid Life home!:)  There have been a few “weak” moments this week for me that I thought I might, but God has miraculously walked me through those rough moments.  One example is in my mind.  It’s amazing what temptations we can overcome by the power of the Holy Spirit in our thought life.  On day 3, my body was aching and honestly, I couldn’t tell if I had the flu or if it was toxins (anyone else know what I mean?).  So after some research, I came to the conclusion that it was toxins leaving my body.  My heart began to get excited as I began to pray and ask God that as those human toxins were being released, that God would also release all the other toxins in my life that have slowly slipped into my heart and mind that I am not even aware of and have rooted themselves deeply in my words, thoughts, motives and actions.  In my prayer time, God has revealed some of those areas to me and I have repented and know that I'm on my way to a cleansed life...a spiritual detox!

We had an incredible night of prayer on Wednesday night at Tom and Sondra’s.  We are planning a very impromptu night tonight at my house at 7 PM for a time of worship, prayer and sharing what God has done in our lives so far.  I hope you can try to come on by- I can’t think of a better way to spend a Friday night!

Stay strong, and no matter what kind of fast you are doing, make intentional time during mealtimes or morning and evening, to spend with God praying and...listening to God speak to you.  We also have Pastor Russ' message from this past Sunday posted on our website- check it out again and encourage yourself in the Lord and on this journey.  Click here for sermon podcast.

I'm so proud of all of you and thankful for what God has already began in all of our hearts-

Love,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment